Do you have the vision to see through problems? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We're looking for a Senior Manager to join our London-based Treasury & Commodities Markets team as we continue to grow and develop in the Treasury space. This is an opportunity to combine both technical and commercial insight and become a part of our growing sector specific offering. It will also give you the opportunity to address clients' challenges in designing and implementing treasury & commodity technology, transforming treasury and commodity functions from a cost center into a value center, converting from GAAP to IFRS, advising on technical financial accounting issues, reviews of controls (SOx and UK SOx), input into market developments (Libor cessation and ESG), and accounting for transactions including IPOs. You'll also be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us. Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) Treasury & Commodities Markets
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams of clients to address risks arising from accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through challenges in the changing economic and regulatory environment.
Our treasury network works with clients to focus on process optimisation through system integration and deeper organisational changes, including centralization of the set-up of payment factories. We are a one-stop-shop across the spectrum of Treasury including technology, treasury operating model, policy, controls, regulation, accounting, risk and cash management.
The Commodities team is involved in providing audit and advisory services to clients operating in commodities trading sectors. The aim is to develop a team who fully understand the complexities of this specific market sector which enables us to better audit clients due to a better understanding of sector, related risk areas and accounting implication of various requirements, and gain trust from clients enabling us to help with key accounting matters and provide accounting support in advisory roles.
On the advisory side, we provide various services including assistance to clients on application of new accounting standards, review of internal controls, review of technical accounting policies and specific regulatory reporting's for these clients.
Operating across the UK & Ireland and supporting EY practices across the EMEIA region, the team deliver four key services, Audit, Regulatory Compliance, Advisory and Risk consulting and Business Transformation. Your key responsibilities
As team member you will actively,
Skills and attributes for success
- Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and networks.
- Provide subject matter expertise to clients on industry best practices and emerging trends.
- Providing support to identify new treasury technology business opportunities both locally and internationally by playing a part in commercial activities such as preparation and presentation of proposals to clients, responses to RFP's, events and networking
- Advising clients surrounding their treasury technology transformation project. This could include re-defining current technology practices and treasury technology architecture, development of business requirement document (BRD), vendor and tool selection and implementation of treasury technology solutions.
- Managing treasury technology transformation projects, taking a leading role in supporting client with decision making.
- Act as a coach and natural point of contact on technical issues for your team members
- With guidance from partners and directors, you will identify significant new business opportunities for EY and lead pursuits.
- Participating and hosting internal and external knowledge delegation sessions, such as internal trainings and guest lectures, etc
To Qualify for the role, you must have
- Demonstratable minimum 8 years post qualification experience working in a Corporate Treasury environment
- Deep understanding and experience of Treasury accounting and valuations of Financial Instruments (IFRS, US GAAP or equivalent)
- In depth Treasury accounting knowledge in hedge accounting
- Knowledge in Treasury operations, Treasury Management Systems, In-House Banking, Payment Factories, Bank Connectivity and other ancillary tools (Dealing platform, deal confirmation platforms and market data enterprises)
- Experience in 2 or more of the following areas
- Treasury operations - governance, policy, target operating model and control frameworks
- Risk Management - foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and / or commodities
- Cash Management, inhouse banks and / or Pooling
- Funding and Debt Management
- Treasury technology and systems
- Technical skills in accounting and regulatory changes i.e. IAS 21 and 32, IFRS 7, 9 and 13 and IBOR reforms.
- Treasury process flows and systems controls around those processes
- Treasury transformation project management experience
- Implementation knowledge of treasury management systems like FIS Integrity, Kyriba, SAP, FIS Quantum and related internal and external interfaces
- Knowledge of bank connectivity using APIs, SWIFT etc
- Strong analytical and problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to assess business practices compared to typical industry practices
- Articulate gaps and opportunities for improvement compared to typical industry practices
- Knowledge of modern technology enablers i.e. Robotic process automation and Artificial Intelligence etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain specialized concepts to non-technical audiences
What working at EY offers
- Honors degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline
- Recognised accountancy qualification (AMCT, CFA, ACCA, ACA, or equivalent)
- Hold a recognised Treasury qualification or working towards or possess a Treasury qualification
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
We are committed to be an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements
Want to get to know us better?
- Visit http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Careers
- Connect with us on Linked In: http://bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
- Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal