Our clients are looking to us to help them resolve complex commercial disputes and, ultimately safeguard the value of their businesses. Supporting our clients in their disputes is about providing robust independent views that bring together deep forensic accounting knowledge, sector insight and experience of dispute resolution forums. Our clients look to us to make it happen, and as a Disputes Senior, you'll be right at the heart of that goal. It's a role with far-reaching implications, so you'll be working with stakeholders across industries with some of the most innovative technology tools available.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services team is growing, and as a Disputes Senior you'll play a key role in that growth. Working with a diverse portfolio of clients across all industries, you'll develop quality solutions for some of the most challenging dispute cases around. We work with a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, and you can expect to take on a wide range of work including commercial disputes, transaction disputes, completion/earn out accounts, expert determinations and professional negligence claims - making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge.Your key responsibilities
It's no exaggeration to say you'll never be doing the same task for too long. You're likely to balance your time between directly liaising with our clients to understand their needs and actively analysing complex data. It's all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients' needs from the front lines. That means thinking differently, teaming effectively and speaking up with innovative ideas that challenge the status quo.Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience of some of the following, although not necessarily within a disputes context:
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in statutory auditing is preferred, but not essential
- Familiarity with valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Preparing and using financial models
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges - being able to articulate pros and cons to an argument
- Understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Analysis of financial data, and an ability to see the "wood from the trees"
- Forensic due diligence and forensic audit support
- Preparation of reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Presenting (in spoken and written form) financial and non-financial information clearly and persuasively
- Quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Working in multidisciplinary teams
- Leading or contributing to business development / marketing initiatives
What we look for
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Professional accountancy qualification or similar professional qualification
- Skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong English language report writing skills
- An interest in law and legal matters
We're interested in individuals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to get involved in practice initiatives and improve our current processes. If you're serious about disputes and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Who we areAbout EY
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.