Garden Centre Retail AssistantLocation: Henley-On-ThamesSalary: Starts at £9.50 per hourHours: Part-Time (including weekends)
Our client, a highly reputable family run garden centre, is looking for a passionate and hardworking individual to join their friendly team. After an exceptionally busy year they are now looking for a new member of the team to provide excellent customer service and to be an integral part of future growth.
As a Garden Centre Retail Assistant, your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing outstanding customer service with a smile
- Operating the till and serving customers
- Greeting customers and providing advice
- Answering the phone
- Assisting customers with carrying items to their car as required
- Pricing and merchandising products
- General housekeeping to ensure high standards of presentation are maintained
- Carrying out everyday duties such as stock replenishment, stock taking and lifting and moving stock
Skills/Experience required for the role:
- Previous customer service experience is essential.
- Must be fit and capable of manual work as the role will involve bending and lifting.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to quickly build a good rapport with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Basic level of IT literacy.
- Highly organised with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to remain calm in busy periods.
- Able to work on own initiative.
This position is initially a temporary role but is likely to become permanent after 12 weeks for the right candidate.
So if you are interested, apply today!