Contracts Manager required for my client a global leading developer and manufacturer of raw materials and test platforms for the life science and biotech market. My client has grown from a small specialist company, to a global business with manufacturing sites in five different countries, spanning three continents. Future proofing for sustained growth has resulted in the need to contract more effectively across the full spectrum of the business.
As Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a global legal and governance framework for all contracting activities with their customers and suppliers. As part of the Commercial Leadership Team this role will also support other managers and the Senior Leadership Team in the delivery of overall strategic objectives.
Responsibilities of the Contracts Manager:
- Establishing and owning a governance and control framework for contracting requirements
- Providing commercial and legal support for contract negotiations, bids, and RFP's
- Driving a global programme to increase the value of revenue under contract and improve the forward visibility and security of customer revenues
- Establishes a framework to ensure compliance with, and commercial optimisation of, all existing and new contracts
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Develop and own a set of standard contract templates for the company.
- Analyzes all requirements and provisions in existing and new contracts, advising on compliance, required controls, key risk factors and contractual requirements.
- Ensure adherence to and monitoring of delegations of authority in contractual commitments.
- Audits existing contracts and oversees contract modifications.
- Trains stakeholders on how to engage with contracts function.
- Establish and is responsible for the maintenance of an electronic contracts database solution.
- Supports complex contract negotiations and manages all changes in and addendums to existing contracts.
- Identify potential improvements to existing policies.
Skills and Qualifications of the Contracts Manager:
- Experience and track record of working as a Contracts Manager, ideally in the life sciences, biotech or similar industry
- Demonstrable skills in Commercial legal contract management, in a B2B model
- Providing leadership and guidance in commercial negotiations and being highly conversant with applicable UK law
- Track record of owning and delivering a robust contract governance and administration framework
- Experience in facilitating and managing external counsel
- Highly conversant in working across a matrix environment and collaborating as required, both as a service provider and proactively when facilitating mitigations and opportunities
- Highly metrics driven with strong reporting capability
- Credible in forging relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Evaluating, negotiating and execution of contracts
- Leveraging contracts to advance the company's position to maximise opportunity and minimise risk
- Internal and external contract issue resolution
- Monitoring, completion, close-outs, extensions and renewals as appropriate
- Conversant in fundamental financial skills
- Report writing and presenting