Proving Test Technician - InstrumentationUp to £21.50/ph - Inside IR35Peterborough - Onsite12 months initial contract - Opportunities to go permanent in the futureOff Highway
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Proving Test Technician to join a team who are heavily involved in a variety of powertrain installation projects into off-highway machines. Primarily covering EV aspects of powertrain integration, shakedown, and test.Day to day responsibilities:
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have.
- Looking after stock levels within electronic lab. Connectors, consumables, wires etc. Whatever is needed for machines being created or instrumentation using.
- Keeping track of instruments being used.
- Calibrations, maintaining measurement equipment.
- Diagnosing and fixing issues.
- Creating wiring looms for the machines. Background in data acquisition networks or hardware would be great.
- Use inhouse software to set up data loggers but use external supplier to convert data (csm modules).
- Normal procedural things, records etc.
- Will work closely with engineers. Lots of chance to develop in role.
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and relevant EV work experience.
- Working towards or completed some form of relevant higher education (NVQ Level 3).
- Electrical fault finding
- Creation of wiring harness builds/panel builders
- CAN knowledge
- Background in data acquisition networks or hardware would eb great.
- Good machine/engine hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in maintenance repair of off-highway vehicles and/or large goods vehicles
- Electrical bias - instruments.
- Previous experience on calibrations etc good.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.