Bring your supervisory skills and, ideally, Credit Control and Invoicing management experience to the Accounts Receivable arm of our Finance team in a temporary position as Accounts Receivable Team Leader, covering maternity leave for a period of up to 12 months. Based at our modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire, you will join us on a fixed-term contract and earn a competitive salary and some great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme - you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare
What you'll be doing as Accounts Receivable Team Leader (maternity cover)
Our 12-strong Accounts Receivable department, made up of Invoicing and Credit Control, is all about the timely issue and payment of customer invoices - around 20,000 are generated every month.
As Accounts Receivable Team Leader (maternity cover), you will:
- Supervise and co-ordinate the team, including annual leave/sickness cover, to provide continuity of support and ensure swift responses to customer queries and requests.
- Act as a contact for escalated complex enquiries, including complaints.
- Work with the Finance Team Manager on any recruitment, induction and disciplinary issues.
- Ensure that departmental KPIs are adhered to.
- Lead by example, including chasing overdue invoices, assisting with posting payments to accounts, and allocating and undertaking account reconciliations.
What we're looking for in our Accounts Receivable Team Leader (maternity cover)
- Ideally, Credit Control and Invoicing Management experience, including managing customer accounts within a similar sized organisation (we currently have circa 20,000 live customer accounts).
- Supervisory experience is essential - you're a fantastic communicator who listens well and is great at connecting and engaging with your team.
- Excellent level of planning and numeracy skills, plus an eye for detail.
- Good understanding and experience of the wider accounting function.
- Sound computer skills - Excel and Word.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours 35 per week: 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri, though flexibility will be required.
Grow with Grundon
Think you could be the asset we are looking for? Grundon is a leading, long-established and award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our success story as Accounts Receivable Team Leader (maternity cover) for a temporary period.
Please note: We don't use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Accounts Receivable Team Leader on 06.01.22