Our client are a charitable organisation whose primary function is to manage a community hub based in SE London. They are looking to appoint a temporary Operations Manager to provide support across their small but dedicated team.
You will assist and support the CEO and CPPM to ensure the day to day running of the Community Hub is efficient and effective. This role will involve managing and overseeing staff, maintenance contracts, finances and elements of HR. We are looking for someone with the relevant experience to drive the administration and operations of the Hub forward, with support from the team. The ideal candidate will be proactive, have excellent communication skills, be personable and with a willing to learn.
Specific job tasks include but are not limited to:
• Support the BPT CEO and CPPM to manage and support all on-site and offsite partners, ensuring all are operating within their licences/leases/SLA's and deal with any issues raised in a timely manner.
• Manage AA, ASO and OL and support OL on the management of sessional staff, issuing work plans and performance reviews.
• Manage the day-to-day financial systems of the Trust supported by BPT's accountants, ASO and AA including: - invoicing (sales and purchase), bank reconciliation, direct debits and purchase payments.
• Support CEO on the creation of monthly cashflows and annual budgets in line with financial reports on Xero.
• Be the point person for any tenant related issues and create tenant financial invoices including service charge calculations, business rates, rent and utilities.
• Responsible for issuing staff contracts, staff training is completed, and qualifications are renewed when necessary, operational manuals are read and understood and new staff members are inducted on site correctly and safely.
• Administer any HR issues with support from CEO and Peninsula (HR platform).
• Oversee payroll activity with external accountants, and keep them up to date on any new starters and changes in staff contracts.
• Manage and support OL on maintenance contracts, ensuring all annual and periodic services are completed and reported on Peninsula.
• Responsible for managing utility contracts and insurance renewals with keeping relevant parties up to date on all business-related changes of the Hub.
• Oversee OL on any repair and maintenance issues, ensuring jobs are completed in a timely manner and large projects are maintained and relevant parties are kept up to date on progress.
• Support ASO and AA on external filming and event bookings covering logistics and administration matters involved.
• To undertake any other tasks as reasonably required within the grade and overall functions of the post.
• Experience in staff management and delegating tasks
• Financial systems experience (Xero experience an advantage)
• IT Competent (website knowledge an advantage)
• Experience liaising with external clients and contractors
• Experience working with Peninsular systems (an advantage)
• High levels of initiative / pro-active self-starter
• Can operate under minimum day to day supervision with limited levels of support
• Well organised and can prioritise work accordingly
• Personable and approachable
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Community driven
• Demonstrates partnership mind-set
This role is 100% office based and doesn't offer hybrid working