MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowSalary: Up to £48,000 Depending on Experience
This vacancy is within the System Definition and Certification group and will be primarily responsible for management of a team and the task packages they work on, technical support to the work they produce as well as personal technical work. This is a high profile contract which is part of the Complex Weapons Portfolio progress against which is tracked at senior level within the UK customer community and MBDA UK.
The Systems Definition and Certification team work on a wide range of areas including the generation of the requirements that inform how the system will be developed at Weapon, Weapon Sub-System and Equipment Level, the certification of the product at Weapon Sub-System and Weapon Level and the provision of evidence via regular interactions with the customer community.
Skills and experience:
- Management experience of leading a team, company process, appraisals, feedback and recruitment
- Task package management, planning, estimating and risk management skills required
- Ability to coordinate and mediate between multiple partners with differing priorities
- Experienced engineer with knowledge of requirements generation and decomposition
- Experience with the certification process and an ability to manage multiple partners including the customer community
- DOORS, PLM and P6 experience is essential
- RTC and Rhapsody experience is desirable
- An up-to-date understanding of the Systems Engineering Processes and how to streamline delivery
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and short timescales
In addition to the main activities identified the role will also involve other Systems Definition and Certification activities such as:
What were looking for
- Status reporting into the project leadership team
- Providing support to export contracts
- Management of functional strands
- Support to equipment teams
This role will require:
Whats in it for you?
- Systems engineering experience (understanding of systems engineering practices and processes such as the V model, product lifecycles, systems definition and V&V)
- Proven track record of delivering products
- Adept at team working and remote working
This role is a fantastic opportunity to raise your engineering profile within MBDA by delivering high visibility and high exposure work. The contact network that you will develop will span the company and the customer. The duration of this role will capture some key, news worthy product delivery milestones.Our benefits
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
This team is a dynamic and agile group of engineers with a strong rapport. We encourage a friendly and supportive working environment and enjoy the work we do.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!