Senior Financial Control Manager
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Glasgow to recruit for a Senior Financial Control Manager in the Public Sector on a temporary basis of 6 months with a potential extension. Due to current circumstances this role will be remote based for the foreseeable future.Day rate: £420-£488 (Inside IR35) via UmbrellaMain Duties:
- Being responsible for ensuring there are effective controls and processes are in place for benefit accounting including reconciliation, liaising with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Being responsible for working closely with the programme to implement effective systems and processes for the Corporate Finance team.
- Longer term, responsible for managing continuous improvement across the wider Corporate Finance team, reviewing and enhancing process of control when required.
- Provide scrutiny and constructive challenge of options appraisals, change requests & business cases to ensure financial implications are considered and our financial requirements are met.
- Responsible for line managing a small team, and supporting the wider Corporate Finance team maintaining an open, collaborative and supportive culture.
- Represent Corporate Finance at relevant governance boards providing professional and specialist advice.
- Professionally qualified accountant - CCAB professional accountancy body or equivalent with up to date CPD
- Experience in a Programme/Project environment
- Significant financial experience preferably in a change environment.
- People management experience
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative, to deliver high quality outcomes and outputs and to meet deadlines whilst managing competing pressures.
- Strong communication & leadership skills, both written and verbal, with a proven ability to explain financial information effectively to non-finance stakeholders and to influence change.
- A Standard Scottish Disclosure will be required for the role