HRG are working exclusively with a global specialist manufacturer who are looking to appoint a Global Sourcing Manager.
In this key role where you will be comfortable working both operationally and strategically, the GSM develops and maintains leading edge global sourcing strategies and appropriate supply base with clear spend governance for assigned categories that are typically global in nature.
You will also be responsible for key strategic supplier management including risk, performance, relationship, value plan delivery and supplier development.
This is a remote position with the requirement of visiting their UK site several times a year.
* Responsible for the development, communication and approval of sourcing strategies.
* Sourcing strategies should be inclusive of all regional business requirements and seeking input from manufacturing, supply chain, and other stakeholders throughout the business.
* Manages the procurement lifecycle of complex projects necessary to support growth and customer commitments.
* Accountable for year-on-year financial impacts to assigned category(ies) with respect to price movement
* Responsible for leading global category through the supplier selection process and for the approval of selected suppliers by stakeholders. The team-based supplier selection process is inclusive of identification of potential suppliers, RFx development and execution, proposal evaluation against business requirements and total cost of ownership (TCO), and supplier selection recommendation.
* Upon stakeholder approval and completion of successful negotiation and contracting, the associate is responsible for coordinating the communication of the supply base to the end user community.
* Responsible, with the input from regional Innovation Centres in Europe and the United States for negotiation planning, negotiation and contracting with suppliers, and ensuring that agreements reflect needs globally.
* Demonstrate knowledge of MRP system and supplier business portals for purchasing and services. Develop skills and obtain knowledge in project management, negotiations, and contract terms and conditions. Possess technical knowledge within multiple commodities
* Development and management of the site materials budget on an annual basis.
* Responsible for overall business management of top-spend, tier-1 suppliers
* Other duties as required
* Minimum ten years of Sourcing and/or Procurement (Materials, Demand Planning) developing and executing category strategies within the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industries.
* Strategic Sourcing Processes including Market Analysis, RFx, Source-to-Pay
* High-level understanding of ISO 13485, ROHS, IEC60601, EU MDR and other Regulatory processes (e.g. 510(K))
* Supplier Management
* Strong negotiating ability. Must work with supplier and drive cost saving initiatives
* Ability to influence without direct authority
* Written and verbal communication skills
* Drive for results
* Cross Functional and International working experience
* Extensive knowledge of products and services, including but not limited to materials and procurement principles
* Comfort and courage to operate in new areas of the business with limited direction. A willingness to try, fail, and try again
This represents an outstanding opportunity to join a global business and be an integral part of their ongoing growth journey.