The Silver Line is the only free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and support to older people, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Receiving on average, 250,000 calls each year from isolated and lonely older people, The Silver Line are recruiting for a Helpline Manager to join their friendly, supportive team to help maintain their fantastic service.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team of managers overseeing the day-to-day running of the service, providing leadership and line management to a group of Team Leaders.
As Manager you will oversee all aspects of the helpline, playing a vital role in the maintenance and continuous development of the service.
Although advertised through Age UK, please note the hired candidate for this post will be employed by The Silver Line.
You will have:
* Demonstrable experience of supervising or managing a team.
* Experience of working in a fast-paced service.
* A thorough understanding of the variety of challenges older people face, including loneliness and isolation.
* Experience in developing and delivering training or coaching.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence change.
* A strong understanding of safeguarding policy and procedures and statutory reporting requirements.
* The ability to work calmly under pressure.
* A sensitive and empathetic approach.
* A commitment to providing a safe and effective service for older people.
* Experience of communicating effectively with vulnerable people.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Excellent pension scheme and life assurance
* Season Ticket Loans
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.