An excellent opportunity to join a large construction business as a Management Accountant. The role will report directly into the Financial Controller who will support and help develop the new individual. The company are looking for someone that has experience of working for an engineering or construction company in their recent history. With this, the business are looking for someone that is either qualified by experience or qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA or someone that is studying towards one of them.
The business are based in amazing offices with a great estate that they are able to uses as their own. The company have a great opportunity to develop processes to ensure more efficient outcomes.
- Preparing monthly Management Accounts and profit & loss forecasts for multiple sites in Europe
- Preparing annual budgets
- Producing annual Statutory Accounts for review by external auditors
- Developing month end reporting pack and financial modelling
- Maintenance of purchase and sales ledgers
- VAT related tasks including VAT workings and quarterly returns for European Entities
- Weekly and quarterly cash flow forecasting
- Responsible for contract accounting matters including determining revenue recognition on contracts, liaison with project managers/operations team to assess costs to complete
- Arranging payment runs
- Bank reconciliation of accounts
- Managing the use of working capital in order to maximise return on cash and resources.
- Proven experience in construction or related sectors
- Experience of accounting for Entities in Europe
- Fully qualified or working towards ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Adherence to deadlines, and the ability to work under the pressure of month end and year end deadlines.
- Proven experience and expertise in the use of Sage 200/50 software
- Highly IT literate including advanced Excel.