My client are a growing, private equity backed multi-site business, with operations across the UK. They are on a strong path of acquisitive and organic growth and now have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join the finance team.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of the Financial Statements of the group, preparation of the group consolidation and the co-ordination of audit schedules whilst liaising with the external group auditors. This will be a pivotal role in the finance department, as it will also be accountable for creating internal audit processes, maintaining fixed asset schedules and training practices in financial procedures where necessary.
- Prepare the statutory annual financial statements for group companies and consolidated accounts
- Ensuring pre-completion trial balance and supporting documentation is available for any acquisitions, and liaise with Vendors for any audit queries.
- Maintenance / reconciliation of all acquisition / pre acquisition codes within the trial balance, and monitoring deferred consideration.
- Liaising with Auditors to respond to any audit queries.
- Creating an internal audit function for deep diving balance sheet reconciliations and process reviews
- Maintenance of fixed asset schedules on a monthly basis, including adding new assets to the register and posting depreciation.
The key requirements for the role are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant, ideally ACCA or ACA
- Experience of Financial statements including group + consolidation under FRS102
- Preparation of acquisition accounting entries for new purchases
- Practice background is desirable, but not essential
- IRIS accounting software experience
This is an important role in a growing finance team, an opportunity to help shape this dynamic business. The role is based at the head office in Brentwood with a hybrid working model, involving three days in the office during normal times.