Part-qualified with strong forecasting and budgeting
temporary to permanent role
great hours and great benefits
ideally looking for a part-qualified
Duties and Responsibilities General
- Work with the Finance Manager and HoF in ensuring the Finance Function operates effectively and efficiently in providing a professional service to both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that the financial activities are carried out in adherence to the Standing Financial Orders, tax and legal regulations and agreed timetables.
- Work with the Finance Manager and HoF in promoting a customer focused support service underpinned by business intelligence and analytics to support decision making.
- Support the Finance Manager and HoF in developing a culture of financial literacy and engagement across the College.
Budgeting, Reporting and Systems
- Support the Finance Manager and HoF with the annual budget setting, quarterly forecasting, and monthly monitoring, control and reporting process.
- Support the Finance Manager on the maintenance and further development of the monthly reporting packs across the College. This to include evaluating departmental reporting needs and requirements and proposing/developing updates as appropriate.
- Develop departmental reporting capabilities to improve business planning and promote appropriate resource allocations to departments and courses.
- Support the Finance Manager on the annual course costing analysis by providing accurate and timely information on departments/courses.
- Work closely with the FM and HoF and central finance colleagues to develop and ensure adherence to month-end and year-end timetables, carrying out month-end adjustments, expenditure accruals and prepayments.
- Work with the Finance Manager and HoF to provide a comprehensive finance business partnering service to senior budget managers.
- Establish close working relationships with a number of departments/senior managers to develop a thorough understanding of annual plans, deliverables, operational challenges. This to include regular face-to-face meetings, Team/Skype calls, discussion groups, collaborative work, training session and ad hoc support.
- Provide support and financial expertise to departments/senior managers with their annual budget setting, quarterly forecasting, monthly reporting, monitoring and financial control.
- Provide regular, insightful reports with detailed analysis on variances and KPIs to departments/senior managers.
- Work with departments/senior managers in developing timely, regular and appropriate level commentary on the above.
- Support departments/senior managers with ad hoc and regular analysis and data sets to enable financial decision making. Examples to include business analysis for course validations, new course development, resource allocations, team structure changes, etc.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Payroll Officer to ensure all offers of employment including salaried, hourly paid and special lecturers are authorised and processed correctly, staff are allocated accurately to the department/course and student staff ratio analysis is monitored to ensure they adhere to the college optimum levels.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Payroll Officer on departmental reporting and analysis of the above. Ensure departments/senior managers are fully engaged in the process, provide regular updates and incorporate these into their financial and operations plans.
- Work with the FM and HoF on keeping senior managers and stakeholders updated on and College wide financial, HR and administrative policies and processes.
- Organise regular training and briefing sessions for departments/senior managers to deliver the above.
- Work in close co-operation with the Finance team, ensuring up to date knowledge and compliance of the University's Standing Financial Orders, policies and procedures and legislative regulations such as IR35. Cascading information to non finance stakeholders to ensure these are adhered to when processing financial transactions and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with staff from other areas of finance and other departments of the College and University, including liaison with members of academic and administrative staff.
- Provide support on financial administration to Departments/Senior Managers. This to include support with sales invoices, purchase orders, new supplier set ups, IR35 assessments, goods receipting, invoice matching, credit card expense reconciliation, student prizes and awards, etc.
- Senior Finance Officers will promote a stakeholder lead approach focusing on training and upskilling end users for self sufficient administration.
- Be the departmental "housekeeper" for all and I-Trent coding structures, ABW workflow and authorisation structures to ensure expenditure items are approved in line with financial protocols.
- You may be required to work such additional/different hours as may from time to time be necessary for the proper and efficient discharge of duties which may include evenings.
- You may be required to regularly travel to other sites as necessary.
- To deliver a supportive customer orientated service to staff and students and work collaboratively with finance staff across the University.
- To perform such duties consistent with your role as may from time to time be assigned to you anywhere within the University.
- Undertake health and safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the role.
- Work in accordance with the University's Equal Opportunities Policy and the Staff Charter, promoting equality and diversity in your work.