Senior Management Accountant - £55k - £60k - 9 month FTC Your new company
A charity that aims to build a sustainable and an inclusive economy that works for everyone. Your new role
To assist the Director of Finance in carrying out the financial and accounting activities of the charity and its subsidiary companies according to the financial and management procedures. Some key responsibilities:
What you'll need to succeed
- Management Accounts: produce monthly management accounts, including processing accruals and prepayments, depreciation, timesheet reallocation, payroll allocation, income draw down, petty cash and credit card journals. investigate and analyse variances, assist with forecasting.
- Produce statutory accounts and schedules for auditors, and liaise with auditors as required.
- Manage payroll function ensuring prompt payment of salaries and compliance with applicable laws.
- Support the production of the annual budgets.
- Monthly reconciliations of balance sheet control accounts and bank reconciliations.
- Quarterly reconciliation of grant control accounts and programme activity lines, liaising with programme managers regarding under and overspends to budget.
- Produce reconciliation and schedules for year end file.
- Reconcile VAT control accounts and support the production and filing of the quarterly VAT return online.
- Manage monthly BEIS grant claim process.
- Process intercompany charges and reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Assist the Director of Finance with project work and investigations as required.
What you'll get in return
- Part qualified or qualified management accountant
- Experience of reconciliations over multi-year time period.
- Strong Excel ability
What you need to do now
- Flexible working options available.
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Employee assistance programme
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.