I have a rare in-house PR opportunity for a Press Officer (AE/SAE equivalent) to join a popular global personal finance / retail company.
For the past 15+ years this company has been on a mission to help people worldwide save money and to date they have over 20 million members, operate in UK, USA, the Far East and Europe with plans to grow even more next year. Unlike other for-profit companies in the finance industry, this company aims to do things differently putting people and the planet at the heart of what they do (they're even in the process of becoming a Bcorp!). Though the company has a total headcount of 250+ , the Press Officer will sit in the Central London Headquarters of around 20 people. The London HQ is buzzy, vibrant and extremely social so you're bound to make a new friend or two here.
The Press Officer will sit in a PR team of three and the core function of the Press Officer role is to drive quality coverage for the brand. It will be a wholly integrated role collaborating with the partnerships and marketing teams to deliver creative, earned results against business objectives.
Desirable attributes for the Press Officer
- Can be from an agency or in-house but MUST have experience with public relations
- Strong writer (watertight on grammar, spelling punctuation)
- Must have experience with (and show examples of) secured coverage
- News-driven and comfortable pitching in newsworthy stories to media / developing pitch calendars
- Creative in thinking about tactical ways to executive seasonal PR campaigns
- Experience working with (or an interest in) influencers
- Comfortable communicating with senior stakeholders - confident
- Highly ambitious and proactive
What the Press Officer gets in return
- Salary up to circa 28,000
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays and two duvet days
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity
- Healthcare cash plan
- Pension contribution
- Extensive training
- 2 x annual company-wide social events
If you are interested in this Press Officer role, please get in touch with Ijeoma at email@example.com