Our client is a recognised world leader in the manufacture of their product operating in over 30 countries worldwide, and they are now recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to join the team!
The purpose of the role is to negotiate, purchase materials and forecast future product needs for the company.
As a Supply Chain Manager you will:
- Purchases supplies, materials, and components for the company.
- Analysing the supply chain data and solving issues and putting contingency plans in place
- Performing all procurement activities including pre-qualification, negotiating supplier agreements, preparation of contracts and tender management
- Identifying areas for improvement to continually drive business performance improvement and cost reduction
- Monitoring and forecasting inventory, determining purchasing needs, identify costs and alignment with market trends
- Establishing quality control and ensuring that bought stock meets company standards
- Compiling and maintaining purchase records, supplier databases and procurement contracts
- Experience of managing full end to end supply chain.
- Ideally MCIPS or working towards.
- Knowledge of ERP / MRP systems.
- Proven negotiating skills.
- Experience ideally electronics sector experience.
This is a full time, permanent role, working Monday to Thursday 0800 - 1700 and half day Fridays. There is a competitive rate of pay for the position, to be discussed on application.Benefit Package:
- 25-days holiday plus bank holidays, increases to 30 days plus bank holidays after 5-years
- Employee/Employer Pensions Contribution (4.5% ER)
- Money-back Health scheme (physical and mental health support)
- Half day & casual dress on a Friday
Based in Saltash, free on-site parking is available and there is also good public transport!