Our aim at Hero IT Support is to build a company that is a challenging, rewarding and fun place to work. Where people come first, and every member of the team is committed to a common purpose. We welcome people who are comfortable introducing new practices or process improvements to our workflow and do everything we can to facilitate knowledge sharing throughout our team. In return the company will provide a clear strategic direction and rewarding and fun working environment. Overview:Main role / Purpose:
To provide IT support to all customers in a full and professional manner.
You will be required to help run the remote support helpdesk from our office in Brighton and attend customers site when necessary. Main responsibilities:
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- Acting as the first point of contact for technical service requests from customers
- Logging and maintaining chronological detail throughout a service ticket lifecycle
- Providing 1st line diagnosis and resolution with a high level of first-time fixes
- Responding appropriately to more complex problems through escalation
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure client SLAs are met
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Build, configure new PCs, and network devices to required specifications
- Provide support for IT infrastructure components, including desktops, Laptops, Telephony both remotely from the office and onsite at client's locations
- Preparing regular end of day reports on the tasks assigned is required
- Able to provide a high level of service to users
- Ability to solve problems under pressure, prioritising effectively
- Good organisation and planning skills with a very high attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively with users and senior management
This role requires a good positive attitude towards job, tasks, clients and events, at all times.Entry requirements:
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm - 1 hour unpaid breaks.Benefits:
- After qualifying period and based on your own knowledge and understanding you can opt in to our on-call rota which attracts an additional top-up amount per week you are 'on call' in addition to salary. Can start from 6-9 months be depends on the individual!
- 28 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- After probation period qualification for Health Cashback Plan and employee benefits
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/96122162