To contribute to school improvement by providing an efficient and effective service in the area of site management.General Responsibilities (all staff)
Specific Responsibilities Service Provision
- Perform duties and attend meetings as reasonably required
- Participate in the school's performance management scheme
- Undergo in-service training where required
- Contribute to the school's pastoral system
- Promote the school's compliance to current health and safety regulations and safe systems of work
- Observe and implement current school policies and good practice
- Carry out such particular duties as the Headteacher, Facilities Manager or School Business Manager may reasonably direct from time to time
- To assist the Facilities Manager in the overall running of the site and in the management of the site team
- To help ensure that the relevant legislation and good practices are continually observed.
- To help to develop and implement policies, procedures and processes concerning health and safety (including risk/emergency management).
- To share responsibility for the oversight of staffing and security arrangements concerning lettings and events on site.
- To assist with procedures used in running the mini buses
- To help ensure that teaching and other staff receive adequate support
- To support the management on a day to day basis of the building and grounds in order to maintain a smart and clean appearance.
- To manage on a day to day basis the cleaning, maintenance and security staff
- To have oversight of contractors and their staff working on the premises.
- To take on day to day operational tasks as necessary including keyholding duties locking and unlocking the schools buildings
- To help ensure that adequate security is in place to cover the buildings and grounds on a 24/7 basis including effective monitoring of all CCTV cameras.
- To order equipment, furniture and materials following correct procedures.
- To help oversee maintenance, including grounds occupied by the school, equipment, pest control, window cleaning, and waste collection and any other external contracts.
- To help carry out, with other staff as appropriate, fire safety inspections to ensure the school complies with current regulations.
- To provide support and guidance to other departmental staff members and cover their duties when required.
- To assist in the creation of holiday work schedules, ensuring that agreed key tasks are completed
- To share responsibility for developing and maintaining a programme of testing and inspection including relevant record keeping.
- To help oversee and manage a short, medium and long-term programme of repairs and maintenance of the buildings and site facilities.
- To help establish, monitor and review a list of contractors for minor works including the provision of predetermined pricing/specifications as appropriate.
- To help develop and monitor systems relating to minor maintenance/health and safety/accommodation/resources requests from staff.
- To help establish, monitor and evaluate risk assessments as requested.
Management Information and Administration
- To promote teamwork and to motivate staff to ensure effective working relationships.
- To participate in the school's professional development process both in terms of self and other staff as appropriate.
- To help ensure the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information/records relating to the areas of specific responsibility.
- To help provide/present relevant management information concerning premises and health and safety for school and external purposes.
Management of Resources
- To ensure that all staff, visitors and contractors understand their responsibilities relating to health and safety
- To liaise with external agencies as appropriate in respect of areas of specific responsibility and prepare relevant documentation for them on behalf of the Trust.
- To attend meetings both internal and external related to areas of responsibility.
- To help ensure that best practice in energy conservation in the use of heating, light, water etc. is developed and maintained.
- To assist in the purchase of resources in accordance with school policies/procedures.
- To assist management in identifying resourcing needs and to contribute to the effective use of resources.
- To co-operate with other staff to ensure sharing and effective deployment of resources to the benefit of students and the school.
- To maintain high standards of professional behaviour towards colleagues and students.
- To lead by example and wear the designated uniform
- To carry out duties in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- To have a flexible approach, and to be prepared for the unusual.
Other Specific Duties
- To continue personal development as agreed through performance management.
- To engage actively in the performance review process.
- To address the appraisal targets set by the line manager.
- To oversee staff training and maintain training records.
- To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive aim, ethos and policies, and to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
- To show a record of excellent health, attendance and punctuality.
The post holder will:
- Report to the School Facilities Manager
- Work closely with members of the school's administration, HR, finance and operations teams
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team particularly the Headteacher