Accounts Assistant - NorthwoodLeading law firm looking to recruit dedicated Accounts Assistant for highly sought permanent positon in NorthwoodGemini Recruitment
are currently partnering with a large and established law firm. Our client's accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm.
The successful candidates must have excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well in a fast paced and busy office environment. You will be hands on, committed and able to work as part of a team whilst using your own initiative to get tasks done.Main Responsibilities of the Role
Additional Key Tasks:
- Ensure office account receipts are accurately recorded/banked (daily)
- Supervise data input clerks re petty cash and disbursements (daily)
- Supervise petty cash float and ensure sufficient cash is available (daily)
- Supervise drawing of petty cash cheque and examine all vouchers
- Perform client bank reconciliations for all accounts held (Monday/Wednesday)
- Supervise office bank account reconciliations for all accounts held (Tuesday/Thursday)
- Print out all client and office bank reconciliations for review as directed (monthly)
- Carry out month end procedures as directed (monthly)
- Create physical file of month end printouts for review as directed (monthly)
- Posting of LSC billing summaries to client ledger (billing produced by fee-earners) (monthly)
- Posting of LSC payment advice to client ledger (daily)
- Writing/production of office account cheques for disbursements and direct expenses (daily)
- Any other ad hoc duties, which may arise or be requested as directed (daily)
- Maintaining Purchase Leger and Nominal Ledger records (daily)
- Purchase Ledger Reconciliation (weekly)
- Maintaining Trial Balance records (monthly)
- Aged Creditors report preparation (monthly)
- Supplier Payments (BACS/CHAPS/cheques) and maintaining Direct Debit and Standing Order records (daily)
- Identifying prepayments and accruals as directed
- Assisting in preparation of fixed assets and overheads analysis as directed
Word Processing, Excel, E-mail/Internet, knowledge of other office packages i.e. Sage, knowledge and use of Osprey (Document Management and Accounts System).
Book-keeping skills; Data Entry; Entering data on the Purchase Ledger and Normal Ledgers; Purchase Ledger allocations; Purchase Ledger balances; Purchase Ledger payments; Dealing with office receipts/payments; Client Account entries/payments/reconciliation; Bank reconciliation; Dealing with aged debtors; Experience in preparation/reading of balance sheet; Rendering bills; Writing and paying cheques; Assisting in preparation of period end; Assisting in preparation for yearend; Archiving; Fees analysis; Filing; VAT calculations; Banking including money transfer payments; Payments by BACS; Cashiering; Entering details on Cashbook; Extracting reports from in-house system.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks will be undertaken to establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.Equal Opportunities:
The Company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.