We are urgently seeking an experienced and skilled Procurement Manager
to be responsible for ensuring that tenders and contracts comply with the governance, policies, guidelines, relevant procurement legislation and achieve best value for our blue light services clients based in London SE1.
The Procurement Manager
will provide advice to client departments and consultants on commercial procedures, the interpretation of governance, guidelines and relevant procurement legislation.
They will assist in dealing with complex queries from Client departments and administer a wide range of meetings. They will undertake, manage and act as the procurement lead on minor and routine procurement projects and tendering exercises as and when required.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
Please apply for further information
- Possession of or studying towards a minimum of Level 5 membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (MCIPS).
- Experience of drafting commercial/tender documents for a range of goods and services.
- Experience of contract management including the preparation, monitoring and control of revenue and capital budgets.
- An understanding of the range of different commercial and contract documentation.
- An awareness of the importance of having a commercial approach to the purchasing function within a large public organisation together with an understanding of the principles of 'best value'.
- Excellent inter-personal skills in order to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff at all levels and with representatives of external organisation.
- Highly desirable is experience of public sector procedures and regulations governing the invitation and award of contracts.
GPR is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to organisations. GPR will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. GPR will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.