We have a project portfolio to deliver. The delivery team is measured on the delivery of its project outcomes to time, cost and quality.
This role will be responsible for the delivery, management and oversight of one or more infrastructure projects in the project portfolio. This could include data centre hardware remediation, infrastructure software upgrades or general infrastructure process improvements.
This is where you come in.
You can help achieve this by:
- Working with other IT Teams to mobilise projects - ensure requirements are gathered from business partners and resources are aligned to produce high level solutions and plans to outcomes
- Fostering a commercial mind set by establishing clear PIDs or Statement of Works outlining how projects have been initiated and intend to deliver, back to business approvers
- A clear focus on project costs I.e. establishing cost models and managing people time, 3rd party costs and other resources to baselines set
- Creating a plan and being accountable for the delivery of that plan to time, quality and cost
- Managing internal and external IT resources to deliver the above - strong 3rd part management of deliverables will be key
- Organising and running workshops / 1-to-1 meetings with senior stakeholders
- Providing supporting materials for any required responses to regulatory approval bodies
- Standard project management activities (e.g. monitoring, risk and issue management, regular reporting, finance tracking)
- Preparing inputs and presenting complex IT topics steering committees and non-technical business stakeholders
- Ensuring the project remains focused on achieving its stated business outcomes - ensuring reporting is tailored to outcomes
- Effective escalation of problems and issues to the portfolio, sponsors and Steering Committees
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a strong IT project manager with;
- Demonstrable multi-year (5 year+) track record in managing the delivery of IT infrastructure projects from mobilisation to closure
- Exposure to a commercial project delivery environment in a services company
- Self-confidence top navigate complex and evolving project scope and IT operating environments
- Experience of managing vendors with less defined implementation methodologies
- Experience of both waterfall and agile delivery methods
- A demonstrable application of project management basics to day-day delivery
- A working PM level technical understanding of IT Infrastructure based on previous experience
- Experience of managing operational change to infrastructure through a route to live release process
- IT Testing experience (functional and non-functional)
- Ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships with senior stakeholders including ideally international business stakeholders
- Strong sense of prioritisation and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key project deliverables
- A track record of delivering against tight timescales in an ambiguous, demanding and changing environment
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, multi-tasking skills and a 'can do attitude'
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Experience in dealing with conflicting priorities and opinions (multi-customer scenario)