Senior Project Manager - Change*Local Council* *Remote or Hybrid working* *12 - 18 months*The role:
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Senior Project Manager to join the People Programme team to support the delivery of the strategy and ensure our organisation is leading the way, living our values and adapting to meet the needs of our workforce to deliver the public services of the future.About you
To succeed in this role, you will have a passion for change, and be able to engage others to embrace new ways of working. You will be able to develop excellent relationships with staff at all levels of the organisation, in an inclusive manner, with a strong commitment to excellent customer service. Key Duties:
Key Skills and Experience
- Lead on the delivery and management of complex business change projects at pace as required as part of the Change Agency portfolio delivery.
- Provide specialist business change advice and coaching to colleagues to support the delivery of their projects.
- Secure compliance and engagement with the project amongst the necessary stakeholders.
- Monitor and control the approved project plan.
- Manage, lead, and support the project team to ensure that they meet their objectives and address any issues as appropriate.
- Experience of managing large-scale projects in complex and challenging environments.
- Experience of managing complex change projects through effective change management and business analysis methodologies, tools and interventions at all stages of the process.
- Experience of project delivery through overseeing multi-disciplinary project teams and encouraging them to meet personal and organisational objectives.
- Experience of delivering projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
- Experience of report writing and communications for a variety of audiences, demonstrating numeracy and literacy, and applying expert knowledge.
- Possess in depth understanding of the latest trends in managing change and transformation in large complex organisation improving business systems and processes.
- Ability to act as a lead advisor for Change project delivery from within the Change Agency and provide coaching and guidance to team members.
- Be effective at planning, monitoring and reviewing.
- Possess in depth understanding of Agile, its values and principles, including backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, burn-up/down charts, and more