An Industry leading Signage company based in the North Leeds area are looking to hire an Assistant Project Manager to join their expanding team. Our client is a British design and manufacturing company and was established in 1998, they have amassed an impressive client portfolio which boasts names such as: Lacoste, Calvin Klein, Mulberry and many more.
To work alongside the Project Managers to assist in the design, production, delivery, and installation of retail visual merchandising displays for our clients. Effective communication with all internal departments and third parties is imperative for this role.
The role is support based with the opportunity and encouragement of growth and therefore subsequently to own the project and carry on our established trust and high standards with the client.
Effective communication with all internal departments and third parties is imperative for this role. Alongside this, there is the need to understand and learn our quoting system and become another team member able to support the Company on an even wider basis.
Roles and responsibilities of the Project Assistant:
- Attend briefing meetings with client to understand their seasonal requirements
- Evaluation of client project brief to establish and understand requirements and prioritise accordingly
- Assist on briefing into creative and artwork designers where applicable
- Support organising production (internal and external)
- Support checking and approval of finished products prior to despatch
- Arrangement of store survey schedules/install schedules and collation of all information gathered
- Work with factory team and obtain best price from suppliers to ensure projects and quotations are competitive and profitable. Budget and cost tracking throughout project
- Providing install packs for fitters for installation (Risk Assessment/Method Statement/Scope of works)
- Arranging delivery and installation times and dates with clients/ fitting teams/ logistics companies
- Project evaluation and review
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary by the business
- Attend site installation, often out of hours
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR THE PROJECT ASSISTANT
- Organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Confident in decision making and prioritising tasks.
- Effective and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Have a proactive mindset and use initiative.
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
- Hardworking and resilient who takes personal responsibility.
- Client focused, listens and understands client's needs delivering outstanding customer service.
- Computer fluent - Microsoft Excel in particular
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders (internal - designers, factory team, external - suppliers, logistics, clients). Able to communicate clearly with enthusiasm.
- Good creative eye, confidence managing the creative process and thinking creatively.
This role is a progressive role and would naturally eventually lead to a Project Manager position, so if you are currently working in the Signage industry and are looking to take that next step into management then this is the perfect role for you!
If this Project Assistant role is something that you feel you'd be a fit for please apply today!