Closing Date: 19/01/2022
If you are an expert within Wrestling and have the skills and ability to coordinate a global sporting competition, please read on!
Birmingham 2022 is looking for a Technical Operations Manager to deliver all technical aspects of the Commonwealth Games for Wrestling. They will work with the Sport Competition Manager and other Functional Areas to ensure that the competition is conducted in accordance with International Federation rules and regulations.Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Actively contribute to venue and operational planning to ensure Wrestling technical elements are effectively integrated into Games wide planning.
- Ensure the Field of Play for their respective sport/discipline is designed and delivered in line with the required technical and competition standards of the International Federation.
- Contribute to the development of the sport delivery plan, sourcing the required sport specific technical information and providing it to Games Functional Areas.
- In conjunction with the Sport Competition Manager, liaise and consult with the International Federation Technical Delegate on matters relating to the preparation of the competition and competition issues as they arise.
- Work with the Sport Competition Manager in the management of planning for and delivering the Field of Play and warm up areas, including coordination with Venue Management, Look, Sport Equipment, Sport Presentation, Medal Ceremonies, Athlete Medical and Anti- Doping staff.
- Work with the Sport Competition Manager and Assistant Sport Competition Manager to recruit, train and deploy the sport specific workforce and volunteers so that tasks are allocated to appropriately skilled individuals.
- Support the development and implementation of key sport competition elements including the competition schedule, International Federation visits and operational policies.
Why You Should Work for The Games
- Previous experience working in a Sport Competition environment.
- Detailed knowledge of the International rules and regulations for the respective sport/discipline.
- Relationship management experience dealing with National and/or International Sport Federations.
- An understanding of sport specific programming.
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing a volunteer workforce.
- Passionate about the delivery of Sport at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Joining the Games team will provide you with a unique once in a lifetime opportunity to gain new skills and make new connections.?After the Games, we will assist you with finding new opportunities via our outplacement programme, designed to support you in the next chapter of your career.?Salary: £35,000 per annumStart Date: 07/02/2022Contract: Fixed-term contract until August 2022Location: One Brindley Place, Birmingham (office-based)This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.