A large school with over 200 staff and 1,700 students are seeking a Personal Trainer to join their team in Cheltenham offering a salary of £7,876. They have the resources to provide a wealth of opportunities: a sports centre and 4G sports pitches; a fully equipped Drama studio, a large library, specialised English and Maths blocks, 12 science labs and specialist design, technology, computing and media rooms.
You will be working 17 hours per week on a rolling 2 week rota to include 1 weekend per fortnight. Shift patterns range between 4.30 pm - 10.45 pm (weekdays) and 12.15 pm - 5.15 pm (weekends). There is the opportunity to increase income through private client personal training. These sessions must be conducted outside of your agreed working hours. Rental fee of £200 per month will be payable to the School. This fee will be reviewed after 12 months employment.
As a Personal Trainer you will:
- Be responsible for the opening and closing of the Sports Centre and ensuring security by activation of the intruder alarm, providing emergency response when required.
- Train existing clients with their fitness goals and competitions, helping to develop short and long term goals.
- Analyse client behaviour and the client's abilities.
- Give general advice on nutrition, health and lifestyle changes
- Lead group fitness classes when necessary.
- Help clients with their workouts and advising them about important safety concerns.
- Ensure the gym, equipment and surrounding areas are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Record and create reports of client's progress.
- Create workouts that are safe for the client to replicate.
- Cover the Sports Centre Reception during opening hours. Answering enquiries (phone, email and face to face) ensuring a high level of customer service is given.
- Be responsible for the daily Sports Centre activity set up, plus set up for internal and external events in the main school.
- Contribute to programming and general operation of the facilities through ideas and support.
- Carry out regular checks of the facilities, reporting any faults and maintenance issues to the Business Development Manager.
We are looking for a Personal Trainer with:
- Level 3 Personal Training Qualification.
- Commitment to complete relevant training (first aid, COSHH, Health & safety awareness, safeguarding).
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Office packages, to include Word and Exce.l
- Experience of working in a Gym, supporting & inducting clients on equipment.
- Knowledge of cleaning systems.
- First aid experience and understanding.
- Willing to undertake trainings courses that are relevant to the post and that are required for health & safety purposes.
- Attractive salary and pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Free one-to-one wellbeing support
- Family friendly policies
- Onsite parking facilities and cycle storage
- Free access to the school's Gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gift cards via Voucher Store
- Techscheme - save money on the latest tech from Apple and Currys PC World
- A comprehensive range of staff social events throughout the year
- Our dining centre and Pit Stop Cafe are open between 8:00am and 1:30pm every day.
- Support to complete further academic study and professional qualifications.
- A wide range of statutory benefits including sick pay, maternity, parental, and adoption leave
- Enhanced Paternity Leave Policy
- We will honour your continuity of service in other state funded schools in relation to sick pay and pension rights.
They are an established 11-18 single academy trust with a good reputation (Ofsted 'Good' rating 2016), wide catchment, and a strong presence in our community. The school is consistently oversubscribed with a PAN of 300, and most students choose to stay with us for their post-16 study.
If this sounds like the Personal Trainer role for you, click apply now.