Computeam is a specialist Education IT Service provider with a regional base in both the North West and South West of the country. We were founded in 1999 and now work with over 350 schools to provide technical services, installations, advice, training and guidance in the use of technology in the classroom. We're passionate about improving education outcomes using ICT and we're seeking committed individuals to join our growing team.
We are accredited as Investors in People Silver and we take pride in looking after our staff and our clients. Overview:
As an IT Technician apprentice you will work alongside the IT department to deliver valuable technical services and expertise to clients.Main responsibilities: [Primary role is 1st line service desk duties such as:]
- Making ingoing and outgoing calls
- Working with customer to resolve or retrieve further diagnostic information for escalated support technicians
- Performing routine maintenance on servers such as: backup errors, disk space issues and updates
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- This role will come with tailored in-house training during quiet periods. The opportunity to attend some installs to gain knowledge and experience also.
- Able to communicate clearly in a non-technical manor.
- Be able to work in a team and on his/her own initiative
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Have high quality inter-personal skills
- Have a strong interest in Information Technology and keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- A natural interest and passion for computers & technology is desirable.
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of computers driven by enthusiasm & willingness to learn new skills..
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
- A DBS check will be performed upon beginning with Computeam.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5.00pm / 37.5hrs per week.Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/96113802