Silverbug is an innovative, dynamic technology company serving an impressive array of industry leading customers. Privately owned and established in 2002, Silverbug has grown in reputation and influence in the Managed Service Provider space.
Silverbug is striving to new standards in the IT world and we believe this can only be accomplished with the right people. We value our employees by supporting career development and progression. Together we set the standard others follow.
As Microsoft Gold Partners, we work closely with Microsoft to ensure the highest quality deployments are delivered to our clients, whilst continually refreshing our skills to keep ahead of the curve.Overview:
As a core member of the Service Desk team, you will aim to resolve support calls at your first point of contact from the Customer. In all cases, you will see incidents you log through to resolution even when escalating calls to more senior technicians. This approach increases your exposure to different technologies used in the desktop environment and in turn increases your ability to progress your technical knowledge in this area.
As a Service Desk Analyst Apprentice at Silverbug, you will be passionate about our Customers and will work within our Business Excellence Framework. This includes resolving support calls within Service Level Agreements with the ultimate target of receiving consistently good Customer feedback.
You will be required to understand a range of applications and services supported by the Service Desk by making use of any appropriate Knowledge Bases and working with colleagues whilst ensuring that calls are logged correctly and accurately by obtaining the correct and relevant details from the user and logging these within the companies ticketing software.
A natural problem solver, you must be able to break incidents down to their component parts and identify how the issue has occurred and quickly determine its resolution.Main responsibilities:
- To provide Service Desk support to clients via telephone and email
- Logging and updating all key information regarding the support call on the Company's Incident Management Application
- Resolving the support call in a quick and efficient manner, paying particular attention to Company SLA's
- Creation of support documentation.
- Liaison third parties and customers to ensure that agreed service levels are met.
- To escalate calls where necessary to Second Line
- To keep up to date with appropriate technologies as used by the Company and its Clients from time to time
- To familiarise yourself with all key Company systems
- To show a genuine desire to continually improve your technical knowledge and ability through self-study and in conjunction with the Company's offer of training
- Handle technical support issues via incident management escalations
As an employee of Silverbug you are expected to be aware of our information security processes and procedure's ensuring that these are adhered to in line with ISO27001 at all times. Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- Confident when dealing with client requests
- Clear and effective communicator
- Projects a positive, friendly and professional image in person and on the phone
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service
- Desire to study for technical qualifications
- Reliable and flexible
- Good team player
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
Potential to gain a full-time opportunity, if you successful complete the apprenticeship programme.Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/96118839