ES Systems Ltd is an IT support, Durham based company established in 1992, first as a sole proprietorship then in 1998 as a limited company.
Over the past decade, we have grown into an established, respected IT company with a formidable client base. We're proud of the quality, friendliness and focused services we deliver which enables us not only to retain clients for a very long time by being their trusted partner, but for them to recommend us to their trusted partners too. Overview:
Due to in-house promotions and expansion into new areas, we are looking for a keen and committed apprentice to join our newly established quick fix support team, based in our new offices on Fulforth Farm in Witton Gilbert.
The successful applicant will be expected to handle high priority service requests and incident management tickets in a professional and friendly manner, whilst efficiently diagnosing faults and engaging with other resolver teams to provide a timely resolution to any ticket. Primary responsibilities:
- Provide quick resolutions to customer requests
- Support issues across several industries and technologies including but not limited to public cloud environments (Microsoft Azure and AWS.)
- Support Microsoft 365 on premise servers and networks.
We are also an Ofcom registered ISP and provide various broadband, leased line and VoIP solutions to customers across the UK. Desired skills and Personal qualities:
Due to the variety of solutions and customer verticals, we are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- A high attention to detail is required
- Self-motivation and interest in the subject are beneficial
- Due to the nature of our work, a large amount of on-the-job learning is required to keep up to date and develop new solution / Happy to learn
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
Applicants will gain experience of the following and have opportunities to gain qualifications and certifications through QA:
- General IT remote support
- A practicing knowledge of ublic cloud and Microsoft solutions
- Experience of supporting office products including Microsoft 365
- Understanding of modern cyber security practices and threat response
- Network troubleshooting methodologies
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/96121867