Oasis Academies exists to provide a rich and balanced educational environment which caters for the whole person - academically, vocationally, socially, morally, spiritually, physically, emotionally and environmentally. Their task is to serve their students as well as to provide a learning hub for the entire community. In this way they raise aspirations, unlock potential and work to achieve excellence through encouraging a 'can do' culture which nurtures confident and competent people. Vacancy overview:
Oasis are keen to recruit a pro-active Technical IT Apprentice with a can-do, mature attitude towards their work. You will be required to undertake a variety of tasks and gain all round experience within a busy technical environment including:
Main role and responsibilities: Desktop & Application Support:
- Ensuring the smooth running of ICT systems to facilitate Teaching, Learning, Administration and Leadership.
- Allowing the effective use of ICT by Teaching Staff, Admin Staff, Leadership and Students and to improve both their understanding of ICT and their experience of its use.
- Providing remote and face to face technical support in line with the academy's ICT support service definition.
- Supporting pupils and staff in the appropriate use of ICT, through advice or training.
Server & Network Support:
- Connect, set up and check PCs and peripherals for normal operation.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve PC, peripheral and application errors.
Configuration & Installation:
- Set up hardware and perform basic checking of networked PCs, including diagnosis of networking/Server/Proxy issues.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks for user accounts; run basic network monitoring reports and utilities.
Continuity, Maintenance & Security:
- Install new hardware, Repair current hardware and reload software on desktops/laptops following release management procedures.
- Always ensure that all new deployments, repairs and fixes are fully tested.
Service Request Management:
- Follow academy backup, virus protection and security procedures.
- Note risks to ICT systems and suggest precautions; follow extended maintenance procedures.
Health & Safety:
- Investigate requests for support; record diagnostic information, retrieve details of similar requests and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate level.
- Respond to support requests according to academy procedures, recording detailed diagnostic information and using appropriate knowledgebase/logs to inform diagnosis and resolution.
- Carry out basic safety checks to make sure ICT resources are safe for use
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to problem solve
- Enthusiastic approach to customer service
- Strong interest in IT
- Experience working within IT or an Educational environment
- Team player
- Proactive learner
- Happy to work with young children and young people
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children.
Please note you must be willing to undergo an enhanced CRB check for this role. Entry requirements:
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspxImportant Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/96118527