Oasis Community Learning was established in 2004. We believe in transforming learning, lives and communities through the development of our Academies within Oasis Hubs.
Oasis Academy John Williams is a 'Good' secondary school serving students aged 11-16 in the Hengrove area of Bristol. We are inclusive of all and are dedicated to creating an outstanding learning environment for all of our young people. Overview / Purpose of the position:
To provide 1st Line hardware and software support, incident management, call logging, asset management, general IT administrative and other IT facility services as part of a Service Desk within the IT Services Department.
The team's function is to provide staff, pupil and external customers support for all aspects of an IT infrastructure, including Networking, Server, Desktop & Laptop Hardware (Tier 1 Products) and Software. Main responsibilities:
- To respond and resolve requests for IT support in line with the IT departments SLA agreement.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in line with Oasis IT policies and procedures.
- Perform daily checking tasks that are specified for the different shift patterns.
- First point of contact for customers, via telephone, walks ins etc.
- First point of response to phone alert for service incident breaches.
- To provide first line service desk support to external customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems via the phone, email or by fax.
- To initially provide as much 1st line support over the phone or at the point of desk that your experience will allow, gathering all relevant information before escalating.
- Escalate calls where needed to a more experienced 1st line support person or the 2nd line support team.
- Logging calls with 3rd party vendors and liaising with suppliers.
- Management of own incident call queue (i.e. call routing, call updating, and call resolution) using OCMS call manager system, in line with the set SLA and KPi targets.
- Administration of User accounts, reset passwords, assign permissions and manage group policies using Active Directory.
- Administration of the Cisco Telephony system currently Cisco Call Manager and Zeacom.
- Managing Email Accounts through Exchange Management.
- Supporting users in the Oasis Centre and the Academies, and troubleshooting PC's and laptops using Windows 10, and MS Office 365 applications.
- Supporting users face to face and over the phone using remote access tools.
- Visiting Academies in order to provide technical support and ad hoc project tasks.
- Installing software, configuring PC's and laptops, and basic troubleshooting.
- Patching in users to the network and telephone system.
- Producing new technical documentation and making changes to existing documentation.
- Creating and imaging laptops and PCs using WDS (Windows Deployment Services) with the latest company image of technologies such as Windows 10 and Office365.
- Creating and updating assets into the asset management database.
- Creating VLAN's within the Oasis Group on networking equipment.
- Configuring mobile equipment such as iPads, iPhones and HTC's to the Exchange Server.
- To monitor the call queue and ensure that calls are updated by yourself or by other technicians in a timely manner and also to notify technician's and\or managers if they are not.
- Basic printer maintenance.
- Troubleshooting hardware such as printers, scanners, laptops and PC's.
- To complete additional ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- To keep the working area clean & tidy at all times.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to problem solve
- Enthusiastic approach to customer service
- Strong interest in IT
- Experience working within IT or an Educational environment
- Team player
- Proactive learner
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm. --- 30hrs a week.Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/96117751