Salary: Scale R8 (£38,507-£41,543), actual salary £37,866-£40,852 per annum
Hours: 36 hours per week, (Term time plus Four Weeks)
Brantridge School is a special school located in Staplefield, near Haywards Heath, designed to meet the educational, behavioural, care and therapeutic needs for 57 boys (age 5-11 years).
Our children have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust and it has established a strong reputation with children, parents and professionals alike in educating and caring for pupils with challenging behaviour and associated learning difficulties. You will join a professional and dedicated educational team.
We are seeking to appoint a School Office Manager who will manage the full range of administrative support to the Principal and Senior Managers, ensuring continuity is maintained between staff, pupils, Governors, parents, carers professionals, volunteers and visitors and all stakeholders.
You will also lead on the management of an effective SIMS system to meet the needs of the Academy. You will also be responsible for managing financial and HR processes in the school and liaising with the shared service teams. You will be organised, have excellent communication skills and a proven track record in implementing administrative change and improvements.
You will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
• * Successful experience in supervisory/management role including forward planning and problem solving
• * Excellent IT skills and ideally a knowledge of SIMS
• * Experience in both financial and HR processes
• * Be committed to working in partnership with parents and carers, schools, colleges, businesses and other agencies to promote the best possible outcomes for our pupils/students
• * A commitment to undertaking Safeguarding training
We can offer:
• * the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a family of providers
• * staff and an Executive Board who are committed and dedicated to success
• * support and guidance from the Orchard Hill College Academy Trust Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school
You must also have your own transport, due to our rural location.
Please note that CV applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th January 2022, 9am.
Interview date: Tuesday 1st February 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that we start screening applications and often interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to a 6 month probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.