Director, UK & Ireland Corporate Government Affairs
VMAGROUP are delighted to be partnering with this consumer healthcare business to hire a new Director of Corporate Government Affairs.
This role will be joining at a time of transformational change for the business, with new and exciting challenges to come and a strategic focus on growth and excellence.
The Director will lead work to build trusted relationships with government stakeholders, including Ministers, senior officials and Members of Parliament. It will serve as the lead ambassador for discussions with policymakers and key opinion formers in the UK and Ireland.
This role will offer someone the opportunity to lead key activities and will open many opportunities for your future career.
- Define and execute a government affairs strategy for the UK and Ireland that positions the new consumer healthcare company as a trusted partner and thought leader
- Build relationships with key government leaders to position the organisation as an example of UK-based innovation leadership
- Work in partnership with commercial government affairs colleagues to deliver coordinated and effective stakeholder engagement and advocacy
- Ensure buy-in and coordination to support strategy delivery across the matrixed organisation
- Develop a stakeholder engagement approach that effectively deploys senior leaders, and provide strategic guidance and insight to support senior leader engagement
- Contribute insight and intelligence to senior leader briefings, helping to ensure ongoing understanding of the political environment and the potential impact on the business
- Advocate the public policy agenda
- Act as a public affairs spokesperson and coordinate response to government affairs inquiries
Proven track record of government affairs leadership in a multinational company and/or within government, think tank, industry association
- Demonstrated experience in building and executing strong government affairs strategy
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, and a strong track record of executing cross-functional projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with cross-functional and multi-stakeholder teams
- Proven ability to engage and influence others at both peer and senior levels within and outside the organisation
- Strong knowledge of the UK policy and political landscape as it relates to consumer healthcare
- Demonstrated experience leading engagement with UK policymakers
- Expertise in issues affecting business operations and interests in the political context
This role offers you the chance to join a company on an exciting journey at a time when healthcare has never mattered more.