Finance OfficerRotherham6 Month Contract£22 Per Hour (Umbrella)
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Officer to work in Rotherham. The role is primarily responsible for implementing the new IFRS accounting standard on leases. This will involve collecting information, interpreting the standard and determining the correct treatment and accounting transactions required. The role will also involve assisting with the production of the annual accounts.
You will be responsible for Assisting with the preparation of the annual accounts. This includes liaising with services to ensure that year-end tasks are performed on time and the creation of working papers.General Key Duties
Use and maintain knowledge of Local Government Financial regulations to ensure RMBC finances are compliant, and compiled according to best practice.
Proactively initiate and implement improvements and developments in financial and business systems, processes and procedures.
Carry out the day-to -day performance management of designated Finance Officers, including allocation and control of workload and performance and development reviews (PDRs) and identification of training needs to facilitate service improvement.
Participate in, and contribute to, key projects on Corporate/Directorate areas of activity involving Council-wide/cross-Directorate strategies that promote innovation and creativity.Skills and Experience:
- Extended experience of working within a professional financial or audit services environment.
- Proven track record of understanding and presenting complex financial information.
- Demonstrable success in planning and successfully delivering a programme of work and meeting client expectations.
- Evidence of working with and leading others to achieve a programme of work.
- Level 7 qualification e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas with a considerable breadth and depth of knowledge across the relevant specialist area, or a range of areas.
- CCAB Fully Qualified or CCAB Passed Finalist.
For more information please call Sam on or email