Our client is a Microsoft Partner who specialises in creating engaging innovative solutions for SharePoint and Office 365. Their passion is to enhance the classroom and workplace with technology that delivers real benefits to schools and businesses.
Our client prides themselves on being at the cutting-edge of SharePoint solutions in the world education market with customers in the UK and abroad.
They help their customers and the wider community through blogs, open-source software and YouTube video guides. Overview:
As their customer base is growing, they are now looking for a support technician to help them maintain their level of support to their new and existing customers.
Do you have a passion for technology?
Or do you have a hobby using technology (e.g., making websites, building servers, games
If you answered yes, then you are the sort of person my client is looking for! About the Role:
You will be based at C4DI with world class facilities and there are plenty of events to learn and grow through the community.
Surrounded by a talented community of digital start-ups within C4DI, my client is an exciting new business, and your job will be to help them grow (and have fun along the way).
You will be joining the team to help them remotely install and support their range of SharePoint MIS integration products into schools.
The main products you will be working with are their range of integration products, linking the school MIS to SharePoint and Office 365.
You will be working in an office based in Hull, although some occasional travel and hotel stay may be needed to allow the business to meet as a team and best support their customers.Main responsibilities:
- Remotely supporting customers
- Analysing data and manipulating it through workflows
- Taking calls on the support desk
- Problem solving server and software issues
- Creating video tutorials
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
The successful candidate will learn and use the following software through experience, guidance and self-learning:
About You / Desired skills, personal qualities and experience:
- SharePoint and Office 365
- Visual Studio Code
- Notepad ++
- Our internal software
Key candidate attributes:
- Great communication and technical skills are a must.
- This is a customer-facing role, and you will be required to contact customers and colleagues via phone, Teams and email.
- You will strive for perfection and a project will only be finished when our customers are happy with the end-product.
- Office 365 is constantly evolving, and you will need to be a quick learner with a passion for technology.
- Keen and willing to learn through research and practice
- Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/96097929