Webbytech are based in Essex and offer IT Support and Services across the South East and London. Striving to be more than just an IT Support company, they aim to become our customers IT partner of choice, invested in the success of their customers' businesses and forging collaborative relationships.
Webbytech are passionate about delivering not only great IT support but great service too. They pride themselves on their relationships with their clients, taking a collaborative approach and always listening to their needs.Vacancy description:
As an IT Support apprentice (1st/2nd Line) you will be responsible for the receipt of problems reported by customers, and the co-ordination of rapid and appropriate responses/resolution to incidents and requests, including channelling requests for assistance to appropriate functions, monitoring progress, and keeping customers appraised of progress.
- Provide remote 1st line technical support to clients
- Using a ticketing system effectively to ensure tickets are kept up to date and clients are informed of progress
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware issues, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a wide range of software applications
- Escalating complex support issues as required
- Document processes and technical information as required
- Action monitoring alerts from companies' internal systems
- Pre-configure IT hardware
- Genuine passion for IT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer focused with exceptional customer service skills
- Willing to go the extra mile to deliver outstanding support
- Confident in asking questions to gain the knowledge required to perform role
- Calm and professional manner
- Self-motivated and dedicated to completing apprenticeship
- Due to semi-rural location (no public transport) must have own vehicle
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
Possibility of full-time employment.Important information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/96101778