La Fosse Associates are working with a large private sector organisation who are looking for a Solutions Architect.
Solutions Architect will be responsible for the specific solution design for defined components within the CQC finance transformation agenda, ensuring that the solution is aligned to organisational strategy and objectives. They will also ensure that the technical design and development roadmap is aligned to and informs CQC's broader Enterprise Architecture.
The Solutions Architect translates business thinking into logically consistent designs. They are responsible for understanding the end to end vision and translating this into a coherent and consistent and logical design. They are the ultimate technical steward of the information assets and development approach.
The role requires considerable experience working at the boundary between business and technology and exceptional interpersonal skills.
· Use advanced theoretical and practical skills acquired through experience, specialist training and applied research to design and deliver robust, resilient, fit-for-purpose technology design aligned to user-needs.
· Maintain a blueprint of the implementation of components of the digital strategy including technology choices, design patterns, processes, information architecture to ensure that the component systems work together as a whole
· Ensure appropriate controls are in place for development efforts (internal and external) to ensure compliance with architectural thinking and agreed design patterns within their sphere of influence.
· Work across the Digital function developing and assuring the solution design to meet user needs in line with business strategy and digital transformation efforts. Develop a strategic and technical roadmap including architecture transition states for the implementation of new services, their integration with legacy and the decommissioning of replaced solutions
· Responsible for providing expert advice and guidance to business and analytics teams, employing extensive technical knowledge, to ensure that available solutions are understood and selected appropriately given time, cost and quality expectations
· Contribute to the design of and adhere to software development standards and methodologies and ensure systems are well-designed, developed and tested;
· Responsible for ensuing solution architecture documentation is produced as per enterprise architecture standards and kept up to date at an appropriate level of detail
· Responsible for producing the relevant papers for governance approvals as required
· Mentor development staff to share knowledge and upskill staff, assisting them with personal, technical and professional development;
· Champion the delivery of CQC's agile delivery methods and practices, focussing on delivering a responsive, customer focused delivery approach.
- Engage with business colleagues across operational and strategic teams, developing and maintaining a clear understanding of CQC's strategic objectives and the associated Digital contribution.
- Contribute to strong leadership about equality and human rights as an overarching subject, feeling comfortable and confident in discussing and checking the work within the team.
- Have the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to actively promote diversity and equality of opportunity, treat everyone with dignity and respect and avoid unlawful discrimination
Specific skills and experience
· Experience of working at a senior level in a specialist area and educated to degree level or Master's level (desirable)
· Specialist knowledge in technology, business strategy and operations to deliver a scalable solution supporting the CQC
· Extensive specialist knowledge in a range of technical delivery, end user design and business strategy acquired through qualifications/professional accreditation or equivalent experience in technically specialist disciplines
· Specialist knowledge in a range of technologies including, by way of example:
o Azure Platform
o IDAM services (MS AD services)
o SQL (Microsoft and Oracle)
o Dynamics 365 & Sharepoint online SaaS packages
o Reuse of existing open source government developments e.g. Github repositories.
o Mulesoft ESB
· Experience in solution design and development with the Microsoft and/or Oracle technology stacks
· Knowledge and understanding of latest trends in DevOps methodologies, processes, and tools
· Expertise in developing with Agile SCRUM and Kanban methodologies and tools Trello, JIRA, SLACK etc.
· Expert in continuous integration/development tools and approaches
· Strong understanding of user-centred design and user-experience in an Agile software development lifecycle
· Highly developed specialist knowledge and experience in applying strategic business, operational and design experience to inform architectural decisions; Evidence of experience in managing communications and governance to ensure delivery against architecture