PROJECT ENGINEER - CAPEX & MAINTENANCE PROJECTS
"Fantastic career development opportunity for experienced Project Engineer to join flagship Scottish heavy industrial processing plant"
£Very Competitive + Bonus + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Commutable from Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselburgh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate, Relocation assistance may be available.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious Project Engineer to further enhance their existing project engineering experience by joining the well-established project engineering team of a UK market leader, at one of their major industrial processing plants in Scotland. If you view change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business this could be the role for you. Especially if you like partnering with business stakeholders are all levels, presenting new ideas and excellent project management.
The site is a 365/24/7 heavy process engineering operation, so managing the project works around the continuous production cycle will challenge your project management and communication skills. An appreciation of a wide variety of engineering disciplines i.e., electrical, mechanical, chemical, process control and optimisation will be critical to success and credibility in this role.
Reporting to a Senior Project Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Delivering CAPEX projects safely, within budget and on time
* Proactive engagement in Safety & Health performance and behaviours of the project engineering team and contractors to continuously improvement safety practices and standards on site.
* Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for planned engineering work, controlling capital spending and timelines
* Assist with the preparation and implementation of capital expenditure budgets for each project ensuring defined key performance indicators (KPIs)
* Assist with preparation of annual budgets for engineering and maintenance projects.
* Determine the scope of work, evaluate proposals, and participate in the selection of contractors
* Assist in negotiating contracts and oversee contracts during the course of the work to ensure compliance with proposed design, material specifications, and schedules
* Perform project design work including researching data, conducting feasibility and economic studies, and determining design criteria in accordance with required standards
* Prepare project documents including project justifications, budget analyses, calculations, plans, specifications, cost estimates, and schedules for assigned facility projects
* Review and check engineering drawings, plans, calculations, estimates and reports for completeness and accuracy
* Determine the scope of work, prepare requests for proposals, evaluate proposals, and participate in the selection of consultants for utilities projects
* Ensure quality control by taking responsibility for schedule coordination and evaluating, recommending, and preparing contract change orders as necessary
* Obtain certification and conformance to current regulations for new and modified structures
* Work with process engineering and maintenance personnel to implement projects, either on their behalf, jointly, or in an advisory role, depending on the project
* Provide comprehensive technical assistance to optimise plant equipment performance and utilise technical expertise to continuously determine, evaluate and improve equipment/system
The Ideal Applicant:
* Degree/Master's in engineering - chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering.
* Current or very recent project engineering experience ideally gained within a heavy industrial processing environment such as such as steel, chemicals, cement, construction materials, energy/power or similar environment.
* Strong understanding and hands on experience of heavy industrial processing operations and maintenance.
* Safety oriented with excellent, best in class, Safety and Health knowledge including risk assessments gained within heavy industrial processing environment.
* Minimum IOSHH Working Safely Certificate.
* Proven leadership experience either gained in an operational/maintenance leadership or project engineering role.
* Excellent persuasion and influencing skills, with the ability to challenge, question and collaboratively develop logical solutions.
* Excellent, planning, scheduling, and project/programme/work stream management capabilities.
* Experience of managing/liaising with contractors undertaking maintenance and other capital projects, ensuring compliance to health & safety and projects schedules.
* Working towards or willing to attain chartered engineer status.
* Solid technical knowledge of manufacturing systems, processes, operations and project management skills.
* Proficient computer skills, specifically with applications such as SAP, AutoCAD and Microsoft Project.
* An understanding of Statistical Process Control is highly advantageous.
* Experience with Cost Estimation for Multi-discipline Projects.