iMultiply are in partnership with a unique and growing non-for-profit organisation based in Edinburgh City Centre. To support with the next phase of growth, the business is now looking for a Finance Manager to join their forward-thinking team under a 6 month contract.The Company
This organisation is a well-established non-for-profit organisation with an admirable mission and strategic goal that has an unparalleled understanding of the market in which they operate and yearn to give back to the community around them.
They have an excellent team culture offering ample opportunities for people to develop and implement new and strategic ideas. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive and ambitious organisation with a value and ethics centred working environment.The Role
The role of Finance Manager is a hands-on position that requires an individual with strong accountancy and finance experience. For the duration of the 6 month contract you will be reporting to the Chief Executive and play a leading role in helping the organisation develop and grow.The individual will be responsible for the following:
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- To develop and implement budgeting processes, forecasting and monitoring of expenditure, payroll systems, and other appropriate financial strategies, and be aware of relevant financial legislation.
- To generate reports and statistics required by management and funding authorities.
- To liaise with Senior Managers in the preparation of costed tenders for services and funding applications
- To prepare accounts for audit purposes
- To prepare regular financial information for the Board of Directors.
- To liaise with the Treasurer to ensure effective deployment of organisation resources.
- Oversee the payroll process
- To carry out line management duties for identified staff (two)
- Willingness to accept and respond positively to requests to step outside core role and assist in other areas of the business on an ad-hoc basis and where necessary for the efficient running of the organisation.
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or Qualified by experience
- Working knowledge and experience of operational finance daily processing including reporting on cashflow, forecasts and month end.
- Line management experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Sage I essential
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of numeracy and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Business Central is desirable
- Proactive self-starter with ambitions of taking responsibility of a finance function and making a tangible impact
The role is a temportary position lasting 6 months offering a competitive starting salary with an excellent benefits package including flexible working format and generous holiday allowance. The role is based in Edinburgh city centre and is easily accessible via public transport.
iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic'.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please see get in touch with Esther Githu