Axon Moore is working with a well known retail business based in Manchester as they seek to strengthen their finance team as they look to hire a commercially focused qualified Head of Commercial Finance. With a market-leading brand in the UK and recent expansion overseas, this Manchester-based business has strong plans for growth and an exciting strategy to fulfil it. With the finance team at the forefront of decision making, the highly experienced management team have consistently outperformed all competitors; the successful candidate will be a part of a dynamic and forward-thinking culture.About the role
This is a great opportunity for a commercial minded qualified accountant to join a fast growing business in a pivotal role which involves managing the annual forecast and budget process, business partnering across several divisions across the business, working closes with the FD and supporting business decisions. You will be required analyse and provide data to drive improvement within the business and have a commercial impact. This is a broad role with lots of value add across the business. Salary
- £65k - £70k + 20% bonusLocation
- Manchester Main Duties:
- Responsibility for managing the annual forecast and Budgeting process.
- Business partner to HR, providing accurate data and making recommendations to drive improvements
- Review of legal contracts.
- Business partner to various department, providing accurate data and making recommendations to drive improvements operationally.
- Preparation and set up of internal reports and analysis.
- Projects and system implementation.
- Significant amount of ad hoc tasks and process improvements
- Cover Finance Controller's duties from time to time
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Strong academic background (2.1 degree
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Commercial outlook
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working to tight/short deadlines
- Able to plan and prioritise own work
- Work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Take on responsibilities outside of a traditional accounting role
- Process improvement and/or systems implementation experience desirable
For immediate consideration or more information on the role, please contact Aaron Conneran at Axon Moore on 07503 621 256