At HTG, we are always open to talented individuals joining our team. Our people are the key to our success, and we are proud to be able to attract only the right calibre of person that will enhance our team as continue to grow. This puts us in a great position to open a junior position open to a tech enthusiastic apprentice to join us for a support role to serve our fantastic clients.Main role:
- All employees have a responsibility to comply with the Integrated Management System (IMS) and minimise any impact on the environment whilst carrying out their duties.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to colleagues within Draeger via multiple channels, including but not limited to direct contact, email, and telephone
- Work with the IT field service engineer team in order to achieve user support service level agreements
- Perform IT administration and documentation tasks
- Assist with IT daily/weekly/monthly maintenance tasks
- A logical approach to incidents, looking for innovative ways to restore service to colleagues and customers as soon as possible.
- Liaise with internal and external parties to ensure tasks are effectively completed in line with corporate standards.
- Accurate case and escalation management.
- Entering accurate technical and non-technical information into internal IT service management tools in line with agreed processes and quality standards.
- Contribution to the continued development of standards, methods, and procedures.
- Support the IT team in group initiatives and projects as required.
The tasks and responsibilities above are typical of the duties the post holder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time. Required qualities, skills, and experiences:
- Very good communication skills, methodical and logical approach to tasks
- Must enjoy problem-solving
- A natural aptitude for understanding technical information
- A genuine interest in IT and technology
- A positive, 'can do' attitude
- Career-focused and self-motivated
Having a full clean driving license would be advantageous, as there is a requirement for onsite client support, but it is not essential.Desired skills and qualities:
- Hungry to succeed in the IT industry
- Good time-management skills
- Organised, friendly, and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Willing to learn
- Passion for IT and computers
You need to have 5 GCSEs:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday - Friday,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]Salary:
You will be paid £230.77 per week whilst in your apprenticeship; if you successfully complete your apprenticeship, you will be offered a competitive salary as a First Line Engineer.Future prospects:
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the individual could secure a full-time position.Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/96083275