ProTalent are currently working with a successful, modern and fast-growing practice of Consulting Engineers in Central London to recruit a new Finance Manager.
Formed in 2008, our client is a multidisciplinary practice of Consulting Engineers providing a full range of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health design and offer specialist services such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation, electrical network analysis and offer full REVIT BIM capabilities.
Our client work in many sectors, from the leisure industry to Mission Critical DataCentres. They are a growing company, with a focus on building a strong Mission Critical Design Consultancy in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. Having vast industry experience enables our client to ensure their clients receive expert advice and leading engineering design services.
Our client are now looking to expand their global team and recruit a Finance Manager based in Central London.
The Finance Manager Role:
The Finance Manager is solely responsible for managing the practice management and finance functions for the business (multiple companies, including international), ensuring deadlines are met and that a consistent high level of service is provided. You will report to the Finance Director, with accountability to the Managing Director, to ensure the practice finance systems are maintained and up to date.
This role requires engagement with key partners across our client's Global Operations and may require international travel if required.
- Monitor timings and job costings
- Carry out all billing
- Manage staff time and assist production of KPIs
- Supporting the development and provision of key management information, KPIs and associated analysis to support the continuous improvement of key processes and controls whilst adhering to strict deadlines
- Manage and update finance systems, carry out month-end checks and ensure all reconciliations are completed
- Ensure new staff are set up on Float correctly including cost and charge out rates etc
- Managing, leading and coaching 2 x outsourced finance partners (bookkeepers)
- Assisting in the preparation of management reports, variance analysis, monthly management accounts, year-end statutory accounts, assist in the budgeting and cash flow forecasting and month/financial year end and update cash flow daily, adhering to strict deadlines
- Carry out financial analysis on data and make recommendations for costs savings/efficiencies
- Manage credit control and invoicing - monthly billing and maintenance of time ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit cards
- Payment of suppliers, wages, PAYE, VAT, Pension, staff expenses etc
- Assist in developing systems and processes in the financial systems
- Work with Business Support Associate to manage the purchase order, commercial contract and insurance processes
- Prepare financial data up to VAT preparation and submission
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and staff as required and provide a consistent high level of service
- Maintain systems and data correctly and ensure systems are kept up to date
- Build relationships with stakeholders at all levels (finance and non-finance)
- Ad hoc project based and systems work
The successful Finance Manager candidate:
- Highly numerate and analytical, with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership and demonstrate leadership of projects/tasks assigned
- Articulate and communicative, with excellent written communication skills
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and requests.
- Strong cross-team collaboration and organizational skills with ability to build effective cross-group working relationships
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate uncertain situations, and drive for clarity
- AAT qualified or qualified through experience
- 5 years + experience in a similar role
- Excellent bookkeeping/accounting skills
- Advanced level Excel skills
- In-depth knowledge of Xero and/or Quickbooks online
- Ability to lead, manage and coach others, ideally through experience
Thank you for your interest in this Finance Manager vacancy