Page Group are currently partnered with a European manufacturing organisation based in Cwmbran to recruit a Buyer on a full time, permanent basis.
If you're interested, please apply below! Client Details
The client is a well established European manufacturing organisation with customers across Europe, UK and USA.
Free on site parking.
£24,000 to £26,000.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a candidate that's looking for more exposure and autonomy in their role. Description
- Utilise MRP data to ensure purchase orders are placed effectively and on time.
- Ensure data is maintained and accurate at all times.
- Own and coordinate the relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure that supplier capacity is secured to support current and new product introduction demand, working closely with R&D, Sales and Quality Control.
- Establish, maintain, and respond to supply chain risk assessments.
- Carry out regular supplier reviews to share information and manage supplier performance, understanding their capabilities and capacity.
- Establish tactical inventory opportunities to effectively balance stock holding, stock availability and unit cost.
- Responsible for Inventory levels ensuring that obsolescent and expired stock is cleared within a timely manner.
- Collaboratively work across the business to support value-add projects, business change initiatives and forecasting of materials availability and costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that suppliers are aware of any recorded rejections deemed their responsibility and that any resultant costs of quality to the company such as scrap, rework etc are recovered from the supplier in a timely manner.
- Report the cause of stock corrections/adjustments important in qty and important in value.
- Report frequently seeing stock differences.
- Report the cause of incomplete WOs versus insufficient stock.
- Prepare the warehouse receipts and follow up the deliveries. Report planning and purchasing of late deliveries.
- Think about improvement processes and come with advice.
Responsibilities at the end of the month:
- Check purchase order lines with confirmed delivery date in the past.
- Transfer orders not received yet.
- Check cost prices for counting transactions without a cost and item without STDFIFO.
ProfileThe ideal candidate:
- Check the old stock in the warehouse and report - come with advice to use up old stock in alternative item numbers
*Supply Chain or Purchasing experience is essential
*Passion to drive improvements
*Effective communicator Job Offer
Please apply with your CV!
Cwmbran - Buyer