REED Business Support are actively recruiting on behalf of an established organisation for a permanent Assistant Buyer.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a background working in purchasing.
As a Assistant Buyer your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To work with the Buyer to help support all aspects of the purchasing relationships.
- To be responsible for allocated supplier accounts and maintain excellent professional working relationships at all times with key counter parts.
- To work with the Buyer to ensure that the annual trading terms are negotiated and agreed.
- To work with the Buyer to obtain approval for warehouse ranges. Undertake regular product performance reviews with the Buyer and suppliers to agree necessary actions to maximise turnover.
- To work with the Buyer to ensure that all purchase orders are raised by the Stock Controllers/Assistant in a timely manner.
- To work with the Buyer to ensure accurate forecasting, conducting a weekly review of stock requirements, by line, and agreeing intake plans with suppliers.
- Have a thorough understanding of pricing structures and the ability to maintain pricing in SAP.
- Be responsible for all financial management of allocated supplier accounts, including but not limited to: stock losses/gains, pricing condition funding, promotion account spend.
- To work with the Buyer to ensure that the central stock turnover target is met.
- To work with the Buyer to ensure that the stock value in the warehouses is maintained.
- Maintain aged stock.
- Work with the Buyer to ensure that the stock turn in the warehouses is maintained.
- To liaise with the Buyer to ensure that sufficient stock is on order to meet stock coverage requirements.
- To work with the Buyer to maintain an ongoing promotional calendar.
- Communicate any product changes (e.g. EOL, descriptions, discontinued, website changes/updates etc.) to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
If you believe that this is the right opportunity for you then please Apply Now online or contact James Coyle in the Reed Basingstoke office.
To be considered for this position you must Apply Online. If successfully shortlisted, you will receive a call from one of our consultants. We are unable to respond to all applicants and if you do not hear from a consultant within 10 days then unfortunately on this occasion you have not been shortlisted and we suggest you keep a look out for future roles advertised by REED Business Support Basingstoke.