The starting salary for this position is £61,463 per annum working 36 hours per week. The position is offered on a fixed-term basis of 36 months, until the end of 2024.
This role is open to remote working
meaning you aren't required in the office 5 days a week. We're less about you driving to work and more about us collectively driving down our carbon footprint. We care about how you work rather than where you work; the people rather than the postcode. In support of our people and our greener futures strategies, we'd welcome a conversation with the successful candidate on what remote working may look like for you.
Do you have experience of working on large change programmes involving multiple stakeholders? Are you passionate about how Agile Working can be used to transform public services in Surrey? If you enjoy leading transformational change in an organisation that is welcoming, inclusive and forward thinking, we have a great opportunity to work as an experienced Senior Change Manager
Surrey County Council's Agile Organisation Programme is delivering widespread change to how we deliver services over the next few years, improving the way that our people work and putting residents' needs at the heart of our decision making. The programme is supporting a change in our ways of working, our buildings, our technology and our people, to become an organisation that is outcome focused and truly agile.
We have a great team that work closely to deliver the ongoing programme, able to work flexibly from our many locations across the County as well as from home. The programme will be touching all parts of the organisation, including Children and Adult Services, as well as supporting Corporate services.
The Change Manager role will work with other Change Managers and the Programme Manager to engage at an early stage in the programme with teams and to support them through their agile journey. As such the role will work with a variety of functions that will support the teams, for example IT and Digital, People and Change, and Land and Property.
We are looking for someone with change experience, who engages effectively with stakeholders at all levels across the organisation and can demonstrate an understanding of the challenges that services will be facing. As well as this, you will have the ability to promote the opportunities that can come from agile working.To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
- Experience of large transformation programmes with a significant culture change component
- Skills in project management, including project and workstream planning, financial management, risk management and benefits management
- Knowledge of communication planning and execution
- Experience of delivering change management using tested principles and methodologies
- Authoritative, credible and committed to delivering improvements in public service
- Awareness of the challenges facing HR, IT and Land and Property when delivering co-ordinated transformation to the way people work
- Ability to work in projects within limited or unknown business capability, risk and outcome
- Excellent stakeholder skills at all levels and able to work with a wide range of stakeholders including elected Members
- Forward thinking, positive and action orientated with the ability to influence others to achieve beneficial changes
- Ability to understand complex organisational designs and structures and understand how to relate these to the portfolio being managed.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.Package DescriptionAdditional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 23/01/2022.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing 31/01/2022.Contact Details
For an informal discussion please contact David Mead by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.Benefits
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.Our Commitment
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.