This job has expired

Commercial Finance Manager Hypergrowth Vegan Scaleup

Employer
Harmonic Group Ltd
Location
UK
Salary
Competitive
Closing date
18 Jan 2022

View more

Sector
Accountancy
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.
Commercial Finance Manager | Hypergrowth Vegan Scaleup | London / Remote

Harmonic Finance are delighted to be working on a retained basis with one of Europe's fastest growing plant based vegan food start-ups. Having launched less than 18 months ago the business is already on track to deliver £12m Turnover in 2021 with plans to reach £25m in 2022 and over £50m in 2023.

With a Series A fundraise due to closed they have raised circa £5m to drive their continued expansion. This includes continued growth in the US market and entry into European markets. There are also some exciting product development projects in the pipeline.

The business has developed an incredibly strong brand centered around Health & Wellness which is particularly powerful with younger generations. Amazingly for an FMCG business with an e-commerce slant circa 80% of their sales are direct to consumer via their own site. This is with virtually no spend on Marketing which is an exciting indicator of the potential growth post Series A. The plan is to maintain this level with the remaining 20% coming via wholesale having signed a number of lucrative contracts with some of the UK's largest supermarkets and Health & Wellness sites.

The business is based in one of London's most architecturally beautiful spaces on the doorstep of one of the cities 'coolest' areas. The team has grown from 5 to 25 in the last 6 months and is set to double. Culturally they have a team that are passionate and proud of the shift towards Plant Based healthy and sustainable alternatives and are motivated by not only the massive growth potential but also the positive impact their product and brand can have on society.

The Role

The Commercial Finance Manager will work closely with the Head of Finance and play an integral role in building out the finance function as the business grows. Initially the role will have focus on building the processes for management accounts and month end, and will build out commercial finance support and FP&A for the wider business.

Duties:
  • Build out and own the production of monthly management accounts with insightful analysis
  • Establish Forecasting, Planning and Budgeting (FP&A)
  • Ownership of monthly close process
  • Work closely with Product development, Marketing and Sales teams to drive improved commercial decision making underpinned by KPI's and metrics
  • Work closely with Outsourced Bookkeeping team and External Auditors to ensure control and accuracy on daily numbers
  • Support the implementation of Finance processes and systems to support the business through rapid growth
  • Supporting the Head of Finance with extensive ad-hoc projects driving growth
  • Develop improved financial modelling around product performance in various categories and geographic regions
  • In the mid-term support the insourcing of Finance and build out of the team

What you need:
  • ACA / CIMA / ACCA (Finalist or Newly Qualified)
  • Enjoys and thrives working in a fast-paced environment
  • An individual who enjoys being "hands on"
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Excellent Excel skills

What we would like to see (non-essential):
  • Experience implementing improved month end and management accounting processes
  • Experience producing FP&A
  • Previous experience in FMCG, e-commerce, food & beverage, fashion, retail sectors
  • Worked in a fast growth start-up or scale-up (any sector)
  • Has a passion for plant-based products and healthy, sustainable living

Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + bonus

Location: London/Remote

Availability: ASAP (Can wait up to 3 months)

Please feel free to circulate this amongst anyone who you believe may be interested in this opportunity.
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert