IT & Indirects Category Manager - Global FTSE 100 FMCG Player - central London - £40,000 - 60,000 + Car + Benefits
This iconic FTSE 100 FMCG brand has enjoyed explosive growth during the last 5 years, and with continued expansion forecasted over the next 5, coupled with an influx of board-level investment in best-in-class procurement, now is an exciting time to be joining this close-knit Strategic Sourcing team.
Now the business has created a senior position for a passionate Procurement specialist to be a major contributor in winning business support and driving towards best-practice. As the new procurement team member you will own a complex £ Multi-Million spend mainly across IT Software, Hardware & Consultancy, but also HR, Utilities, FM and Fleet, and mentor / coach an up-and-coming Indirects Buyer. IT & Indirects Category Manager role overview:-
Required procurement experience & qualifications:-
- Being the Strategic Sourcing Lead for all Software, Hardware and Professional Services subcategories: including Licensing, Application Development and Maintenance, Cloud, Data Centers, Servers, Storage etc
- Negotiating with market leading Technology vendors / suppliers such as Microsoft, HP, Dell, Oracle, IBM, using your supplier relationship management skills to leverage longer term commercial advantages for the business as well as cost savings
- Project leading category / sourcing strategies, owning the cradle-to-grave procurement process including RFP, RFQ etc
- Regular interaction with an executive level stakeholder community, winning support for far-reaching procurement initiatives
- Instilling a high performance culture amongst the Procurement team, upskilling more junior team members and demonstrating what best-in-class IT Procurement looks and feels like
This is an excellent procurement opportunity for a charismatic procurement professional looking to work in an intelligent and collaborative environment, lead strategic and high-value procurement projects, and progress one's career towards Directorship.
- Strong procurement and strategic sourcing experience within established companies, with at least 2 years specialising in IT & Technology categories
- Track record of progression within your procurement career thus far, stepping from Buyer to Senior Buyer to Procurement Manager / Category Manager within a short space of time
- Degree / MCIPS qualifications preferable though not essential
To find out more and apply please send your CV jobsGS@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.