Risk & Compliance Executive
Location/Division: Remote working / Portsmouth office
My client are currently seeking a proactive and responsive individual to join our Central Team as a Risk & Compliance Executive. This individual will have a natural flair for efficiency and organisation, as well as excellent team working skills and attention to detail.
The primary focus of this role is to provide risk and compliance support to the Firm as well as dealing with the more complex aspects of risk and compliance. The role will also have a focus on providing general matter management support for our specialist legal teams. This role would suit an existing legal support professional looking for a fresh challenge.
The main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Resolving complex queries relating to risk and compliance and matter management
- Assisting the Risk & Compliance Manager with reviews of the compliance monitoring programme
- Ensuring compliance with both internal and external service standard requirements
- Ensuring compliance with Lexcel, CQS, SRA and any other regulatory requirements
- Assisting the Firm during its Lexcel and CQS reaccreditation process
- Opening files digitally and ensuring they are compliant before handing over to the relevant fee-earner
- Carrying out AML and source of funds checks
The ideal candidate will:
- Have prior experience of working in a law Firm in a support capacity (ideally within a property team)
- Have prior experience of dealing with risk and compliance related tasks
- Be self-motivated, analytical with strong attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be efficient, organised and able to work effectively under pressure in a high-volume environment
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to join a leading law firm in the South that values an entrepreneurial attitude, and provides a transparent approach to professional development and career progression.
In addition to a competitive salary and eligibility to be considered for a bonus within the Firm's discretionary performance-related bonus scheme, my client's employee value proposition offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that places emphasis on work/life balance, personal health & wellbeing and financial health & security in return for your commitment and excellent results.