SF Group is currently recruiting for a Assistant Financial Accountant to join a large and very well-known business in Derbyshire on temporary basis for aroun 3-6 months full time. The job will report to the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be a highly motivated Part Qualified Accountant looking to progress and gain increased commercial and technical exposure within a well known brand.
- To work as part of a team to produce financial reports for internal, group, external and statutory purposes adhering to specified deadlines. Group reporting to fast close (period end, audited quarter and year end figures submitted within 6 Japanese working days).
- To respond to audit and group enquiries for additional information accurately and promptly.
- Responsible for intercompany reporting to group in an accurate and efficient manner.
- To complete financial charges for allocated costs to the P&L accurately and to deadlines.
- Responsible for completion and record keeping for VAT (note review of returns must be completed by Financial Accountant prior to submission).
- Assistance with VAT compliance and provision of VAT and accounting standards advice to the company from a technical perspective.
- Cash flow and Treasury management.
- Assistance in completion of Corporation Tax calculations.
- Maintain specified financial records for the company.
- Any other ad hoc duties as requested by Management.
As the successful Financial Accountant you will fulfill the following:
- Part or fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Strong technical ability on accounting principles and standards (FRS 101 & IFRS).
- VAT & Taxation knowledge including foreign trade.
- Exposure to Treasury activities, specifically foreign exchange.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to review processes and implement positive change.
- Flexible and open to change.
You will join a company that boasts fantastic opportunities for progression, training and professional development. To be considered please apply immediately.