Tradewind are currently recruiting for a SENDCo to work at a Primary School in Hounslow, West London.
The role is full time, 5 days per week and long term starting in January 2022, for the full academic year until July 2022, where it could continue into the next academic year or even become permanent for the right candidate. There is also an option to take the role on a 3 to 4 day per week basis (see below).
- QTS, qualified teacher status and NASENCO qualified ideally (National Award for SEN Coordination)
- Experience writing and updating EHCPs (Education, Health and Care Plans) and preparing annual reviews.
- Experience with SEN special educational needs, specifically autism ASD / ASC.
- Experience line managing Teaching Assistants.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and self-motivated approach, committed to the betterment of all pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
The school is a Good Ofsted rated primary school with three forms of entry. You would have SENDCo responsibilities for the school, including line managing and coordinating TAs, ensuring specific students receive the appropriate level of support and meeting with teaching and support staff to assess progress. Coaching and training staff as appropriate. Coordinate interventions. Maintain records and policies, updating and actioning as appropriate
The SENCO will also be required to write up education, health and care plans (EHCPs) for students. There are currently 22 EHCPs already in place so will need reviewing and updating accordingly.
N.B. If full time, the role has teaching responsibilities of only two PPA afternoons per week.
If part time (3 days), the role would have no teaching responsibilities.
The school is easily accessible, being situated nearby 2 Piccadilly line stations and is on a range of popular bus routes.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this position as a SENCO in Hounslow, West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Tom Meredith on option 3 or .
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer